Tasman District has experienced high population growth in recent years. This has required significant ongoing development to our stormwater system, sewerage reticulation, water supply and roading network. I am pleased to have led Council in delivering these essential services in a cost effective manner. These core services attract new people and businesses to our District.
I have enjoyed partnering with the community to provide sports facilities, community hubs and the Tasman Great Taste Trail.
- I will continue to work for community participation in decision-making by supporting Community Boards and Community Associations.
- I will continue to work to ensure Tasman District has attractive, well-connected towns with adequate provision for walking, cycling and green spaces.
- I will continue to encourage a strategic approach to the provision of quality sport and recreation facilities.
- I will continue to encourage diverse interest groups to work together for the good of our community.
- I will continue to work to promote enjoyment and appreciation of the lifestyle on offer in Tasman District.